Thursday, April 10, 2008

Slow, Steady Breath

This is a short and sweet blog. I rarely breathe quickly, either while working out or getting up0set and angry. The stereotypes are partly true: I am Greek and a Leo. I voice my emotions usually and I think it is healthy. Hey, I am not an alcoholic or obese you one can be if emotions are always kept inside. I am not saying to curse in the middle of the street. But when appropriate, show your emotions.

I notice that I usually have slow, steady breathing, even in the middle of a hard repetition. Breathe deeply and steadily. The more you do so, the stronger your Center, the better your workout progress, and the healthier that you will be.

This pertains mostly to weight training. If you are doing interval, plyometric or really quick cardiovascular training, you may need to breathe quickly. Keep breathing deeply.

Disclaimer: None of the above information can be taken as a substitute for advice from a medical professional, such as a physician.

My third book, Pocket Guide to Fitness, is available on www.louizapatsis.com, http://www.authorhouse.com, www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. If you look up my name on those Web sites, you will find my other books The Boy in a Wheelchair and Life, Work and Play: Poems and Short Stories.

No comments: