Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Center

Recently in a Martha Graham modern dance class, I danced better than I ever have. Even when I could not do a movement that was new for me, I was strong and poised. I had not warmed up much. As the teachers they often say, this comes form the inside, from your core essence and will. At a reiki session months ago, the practitioner told me to not forget my core. With all of my energy, what is missing is sometimes not trusting myself - my choices, my preferences, and even my opinions, and trusting the Universe along with that. The strength and pride to choose and deal with whatever mistakes you may make through the learning process of dance or life, will have you "perform" better always.

Disclaimer: None of the above information can be taken as a substitute for advice from a medical professional, such as a physician.

My third book, Pocket Guide to Fitness, is available on www.louizapatsis.com, http://www.authorhouse.com, www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. If you look up my name on those Web sites, you will find my other books The Boy in a Wheelchair and Life, Work and Play: Poems and Short Stories.

No comments: