Sunday, May 13, 2007

Negative Wanting

I was on the subway the other day and a woman sat next to me who read Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings by Lynn Grabhorn. I was curious and asked if it was good. I told her about my book Pocket Guide to Fitness, that can be found with my other two books on www.authorhouse,com and www.amazon.com. She recommended the book.

I bought it and almost finished it. Some of what it is about is in line with The Secret and the Law of Attraction. I believe that there are many ways of looking at situations, such as scientific and mystery, and the Law of Attraction is not the whole truth. But there is a lot of Truth to it. I can write volumes on all of this.

One thing that stuck out is that she writes not to want something as a negative want. A specific want such as "I do not want to drive; I will take the subway so I can read and nap" can be effective. You know what you want and you choose responsibly to get in action for what you do want. But other wants may not be so great and may create an energy around you that defeats your goal. This happens a lot in fitness. Earlier blogs are about being grateful and appreciating yourself. This is essential. You will not get in shape and stay in shape effectively if you are not accepting and loving who you are now and day to day.

The negative want concept falls in the same category of concepts. If one says "I want to be fit", it automatically implies one is not fit or happy where they are. Struggle then and fixing what is wrong will ensue. This will not lead to ease and commitment to a fitness regimen that works for you and lasts.

No comments: