Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's All Worth It!

I recently took a contemporary masters dance class at Steps on Broadway. I never took a contemporary dance class, as opposed to a modern dance class. Last year I took the intensive Martha Graham summer series of about 50 modern dance classes, and took some more this year. Her work, combining the emotions and body rocks!

I heard that I can't do this since the combination of steps is too much for a person who has danced in choreographed classes too much. many of the students there have been taking ballet and other dances since they were about five years old. There were about 35 steps at the end of class, and most had been memorized the day before at a class I had not attended.So I did not remember all of the steps. But the beginning of the class was so easy, and I found my command of my body, expression and dance capability had exponentially increased since last summer. There is more work to do, but all of those repetitions of even basic steps at the Martha Graham school were so worth it, and worked both consciously and sub-consciously on my spirit, soul, mind, emotions and body. It must be like the wax on and wax off in the Karate Kid.

Do not underestimate what happens with each repetition of a set or with each step of a workout!

For the past several blog posts, I have not created exercise programs. Look to past posts or search by muscle group, and you will find them!

Disclaimer: None of the above information can be taken as a substitute for advice from a medical professional, such as a physician.

My third book, Pocket Guide to Fitness, is available on www.louizapatsis.com, http://www.authorhouse.com, www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. If you look up my name on those Web sites, you will find my other books The Boy in a Wheelchair and Life, Work and Play: Poems and Short Stories.

No comments: