Monday, December 05, 2005

Perfection Context and Being Straight with Yourself

    This blog is related to the one called "Choosing Your Body". Do you ever think that everything you do, whether it is raising your children, cleaning your home, looking good, losing weight and practicing your body is never good enough? Do you think you will never get the body you want? There is a difference between striving for perfection, thinking you will attain it after you take several steps or thinking you will never attain it, and being straight with yourself in terms of something you need to put into action to up the level of what you are doing. I think of myself as perfect from the spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. 

    I rejoice in who I am and always did since I was a child. I can lose or gain weight, be tired, laugh or yell, and at the core of my being, the context of what I do, that is what I believe. We are marvelous creatures. No two of us are alike, even identical twins. We came out of one sperm meeting an egg of a particular month, and we are here! Our bodies are an amazingly complex and coordinated system.

    Have you ever thought how lucky you are to be here and to be healthy, or to have the level of health that you have? Why not think of yourself as perfect? I do not mean to have severe acne and think you will make it to the cover of a dermatology magazine. I do not mean to not work out for months and notice you are huffing and puffing up the stairs and not go to the physician. I do not mean to notice that you are losing your temper more than usual and not get the source of it. I do not mean to like how your hair looks a certain style and not go to the hairdresser. I do not mean to not be straight with yourself when you are being lazy and there is something you can put in like an ingredient to a recipe that can up the level of what you are doing, if that is your commitment. I mean to really feel and get that you are perfect. It may not be explainable in words. Do you get it? Don't forget to check out www.louizapatsis.com! Disclaimer: Information on this blog is posted for information purposes, not as a substitute for professional medical advice.

No comments: