Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Walked into a Hip Hop Class by Mistake.

After days of being away and not dancing, I thought I was walking into a Theater Jazz class I did once and loved. I even had new dance shoes for it. Well, I had the time wrong and I walked into a Hip Hop class. I like trying new things and so did it, without having danced for almost a week, and without even a warm up. I stretched for less than a minute. Days ago I ate more than one corn dog, I think it was fried, for the first time. Well, I walked in, and I was going to finish.

One particular point of the class was a bit tough. As usual, getting coordination between your upper and lower halves, arms and legs, head and body, was a work in progress. Being a stand to try something new and succeed in completing the class is priceless.

At the beginning the the second had, we did simple and surprisingly strengthening arm exercises which I will share in the next blog post.

Disclaimer: None of the above information can be taken as a substitute for advice from a medical professional such as a physician.

My third book, Pocket Guide to Fitness, is available on www.louizapatsis.com, http://www.authorhouse.com, www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. If you look up my name on those Web sites, you will find my other books The Boy in a Wheelchair and Life, Work and Play: Poems and Short Stories.

No comments: