Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sanjay Gupta's Book Cheating Death

I foresaw a lot since I was little. As early as grammar school, I wanted to be frozen so I can come back to life when I died years later. Some reasons I did not go to medical school beside foreseeing isuace bureaucracy years ago, was that I thought that the usual curriculum take by thousands all over the world each year, would be greatly impacted by the mind-body connection, alternative therapies, and genetics. All of these are needed.

Dr. Gupta wrote general book, simple, yet in the right direction. He wrote about how brain or heart death may not mean a person cannot "come back to life" if their temperature is low, people pray, a miracle happens or new revolutionary, yet simple treatments are used. He wrote that there have been instances that people have come back to life after being buried or being in a morgue.

Interestingly, he said that patients that are most likely to make it complain the most; they have the highest Will to live. I think that complaining too much is not good; you play the victim. But not complaining enough is usually inauthentic, and complaining shows you and others what you like and don't like, and what you want and don't want.

I have yet to finish the book. He does not go into details, though, so this is his main message. More work needs to be done in the spiritual and science sectors. Our understanding of death, even on a molecular level, is not at all yet complete.

Disclaimer: None of the above information can be taken as a substitute for advice from a medical professional such as a physician.

My third book, Pocket Guide to Fitness, is available on www.louizapatsis.com, http://www.authorhouse.com, www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. If you look up my name on those Web sites, you will find my other books The Boy in a Wheelchair and Life, Work and Play: Poems and Short Stories.

No comments: