Friday, February 05, 2010

Spin Class and Try Out Different Programs

I took spin class for the first time! Yes, I did, and I have had training licenses from about 1995. I have gone out mountain biking and regular biking before, mostly in the 90s...and done a lot of diverse activities. It is good to shock your body with more weight or something different to see how good in shape you are, and to get off any plateaus you may be enjoying.

I worked at close to max resistance most of the time and it was easy cheesy. It was a good workout. You take part in interval training and train different muscles when you stand and sit. The jumping part was the best. I was ready for a hour but she did about 45 minutes...wonder why....

I see what is next for me for the next level in a spin class. Take one or something you have never done before, check yourself out, and see what is next for you. At the same time, be grateful for the great shape I know you have, or wherever you are at, to have our yin yang balance! Do not have not good enough conversations.

I was grateful for my performance. Bring it!


Disclaimer: None of the above information can be taken as a substitute for advice from a medical professional such as a physician.

My third book, Pocket Guide to Fitness, is available on www.louizapatsis.com, http://www.authorhouse.com, www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com. If you look up my name on those Web sites, you will find my other books The Boy in a Wheelchair and Life, Work and Play: Poems and Short Stories.

No comments: